Back to Top Skip to main content Skip to sub-navigation

Publications

Here you will find online publications released by the Military Health System. You can search for a specific publication by either scrolling down the page or entering a keyword in the search box.

Please note that files more than two years old may not be compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. If you need an accessible version of a particular file, please contact us and we will provide one for you.

If you're having trouble finding what you're looking for, consider using fewer words in your search criteria. Results are limited to content that matches all terms in the search field.

We found -

Specify Date Range (Optional):
Select Content Types (Optional):
Current Filters. Click a Filter to Remove It
Date Range:

Guide for DoD Researchers on Using MHS Data

Publication
4/30/2014

This document is a guide for Department of Defense (DoD) researchers who plan to request Military Health System (MHS) data for research purposes, in particular, for database research. This guide provides an overview of the MHS as well as guidance regarding the types of research data available within the MHS, reviews specific to the protection of human subjects, and requirements of the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Privacy and Civil Liberties Office (Privacy Office) for requesting MHS data.

Recommended Content:

Submit a Data Sharing Application | Research Protections

Lyme Disease

Publication
4/1/2014

Lyme disease is a zoonotic tick-borne disease that is caused by infection with a spirochetal bacterium of the genus Borrelia.

Allergic Rhinitis

Publication
4/1/2014

Allergic rhinitis is a common cause of troubling symptoms and of lost-duty time associated with obtaining health care in the Armed Forces, especially during the spring and fall allergy seasons.

West Nile Fever

Publication
4/1/2014

The virus that causes West Nile fever is most often spread to humans and other animals by the bite of an infected mosquito. Approximately 80% of infected individuals will have no clinical symptoms. The other 20% will have mild symptoms such as fever, headache, body aches, nausea, vomiting, swollen lymph glands, and skin rash on the chest, stomach and back. Symptoms can last for a few days up to several weeks. About 1/150 people develop severe illness, which may include symptoms of high fever, headache, neck stiffness, stupor, disorientation, coma, tremors, convulsions, muscle weakness, vision loss, numbness, and paralysis. These severe symptoms can last up to several weeks; neurological effects may be permanent and can lead to death.

Coccidioidomycosis

Publication
4/1/2014

In the military, coccidioidomycosis is an occupational hazard for those stationed or training in endemic areas and can lead to a significant loss of workdays for those affected.

Dengue Fever

Publication
4/1/2014

Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne illness caused by one of four dengue viruses.

Leishmaniasis

Publication
4/1/2014

Leishmaniasis is typically a zoonosis with a variety of mammalian reservoir hosts, including canines and rodents.

Arthropod-Borne Hemorrhagic Fever

Publication
4/1/2014

Arthropod-borne hemorrhagic fevers are a diverse group of viral illnesses transmitted by arthropod vectors such as ticks or mosquitoes.

Herpes Simplex Virus Genital

Publication
4/1/2014

This case definition was developed in 2013 by the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center (AFHSC) for the purpose of epidemiological surveillance of a sexually transmitted disease important to military associated populations.

Plant Dermatitis

Publication
4/1/2014

Among military members, plant dermatitis can cause significant temporary disability and lost-duty time.

Armed Services Blood Program Immunization List

Publication
3/24/2014

Armed Services Blood Program guidance on donor deferral (if any) after receiving immunizations.

Recommended Content:

Vaccine-Preventable Diseases | Vaccine Schedules | Immunization Healthcare

Agenda: Beneficiary Advisory Panel, March 20, 2014

Meeting Reference
3/20/2014

Agenda for the March 20, 2014 Beneficiary Advisory Panel

Handout: Beneficiary Advisory Panel, March 20, 2014

Meeting Reference
3/20/2014

Handout for the March 20, 2014 Beneficiary Advisory Panel

Background: Beneficiary Advisory Panel, March 20, 2014

Meeting Reference
3/20/2014

Background for the March 20, 2014 Beneficiary Advisory Panel

Meeting Minutes: Beneficiary Advisory Panel, March 20, 2014

Meeting Reference
3/20/2014

Meeting Minutes for the March 20, 2014 Beneficiary Advisory Panel

<< < ... 141 142 143 144 145  ... > >> 
Showing results 2101 - 2115 Page 141 of 189

DHA Address: 7700 Arlington Boulevard | Suite 5101 | Falls Church, VA | 22042-5101

Some documents are presented in Portable Document Format (PDF). A PDF reader is required for viewing. Download a PDF Reader or learn more about PDFs.