Skip to main content

Military Health System

Test of Sitewide Banner

This is a test of the sitewide banner capability. In the case of an emergency, site visitors would be able to visit the news page for addition information.

Filing a Pharmacy Claim

In some cases, beneficiaries will have to submit a claim to get reimbursement for their prescriptions. Educating beneficiaries on how to file claims will increase their understanding of the claims process as well as provide them with a resource to help them complete their claims.

Talking Points

  • To file a pharmacy claim, complete the TRICARE DOD/CHAMPUS Claim Form-Patient's Request for Medical Payment (DD Form 2642) and submit it, along with any other required information, to Express Scripts.
  • Occasionally, TRICARE experiences unplanned Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) outages. During a DEERS outage, you may need to pay in full for prescriptions filled at retail network pharmacies and file a claim for reimbursement.
    • If you have enough medication to continue taking your medication as prescribed by your doctor, you may wish to defer the pick-up of routine prescriptions until after the DEERS outage. Once the outage ends, retail network pharmacies will resume processing TRICARE pharmacy claims as usual.

Watch this video to learn more!

You also may be interested in...

Filing a Pharmacy Claim

Filing a Pharmacy Claim

Depending on where you pick up your prescription, you may need to file a claim to get reimbursed. Visit to find the claims submission form and where you need to submit it.

Page 1 of 1 , showing items 1 - 1
Last Updated: June 27, 2022
Follow us on Instagram Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on YouTube Sign up on GovDelivery